Big East lunchtime links
November, 1, 2010
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
- Bill Stewart is under fire after West Virginia's latest loss. Jeff Mullen defends his play-calling. Coaching is part of the problem, but the players have to be held accountable, too.
- UConn still has hope for this season.
- Cincinnati has taken a turn(over) for the worse.
- Syracuse's season is full of wonder.
- Pittsburgh is trying to stay focused on the task at hand, not its early cushion in the Big East standings.
- Louisville took a small step back in losing to Pitt. And how about this quote from Cardinals defensive end B.J. Butler about the Panthers: "We had a tip from the coaches that if the (offensive line's) heels were in the dirt it was pass, if they were off the dirt, it was going to be a run.” Think that will be passed around some locker rooms?
- South Florida has an edge over Rutgers in red-zone stats.