Notes from Syracuse's scrimmage
March, 28, 2011
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
Spring practice is underway, and some of the first real scrimmages happened this weekend. Let's take a quick review of Syracuse's scrimmage on Saturday in Rochester, N.Y.
- The Orange took their show on the road, but the players probably would have preferred to stay at Manley Field House, as temperatures were below freezing. Head coach Doug Marrone liked the trip to Rochester to try and win back some fans from that area.
- Ryan Nassib completed 12 of 25 passes for 102 yards and an interception, according to the Syracuse Post-Standard. Backup Charley Loeb went 6-for-9 with a touchdown and a pick.
- Redshirt freshman Jarrod West caught the only touchdown pass, a 42-yarder. Marcus Sales led receivers with four catches.
- Antwon Bailey rushed 10 times for 44 yards, according to the Post-Standard.
- Olando Fisher had the interception for the defense. Phillip Thomas and Kevyn Scott dropped potential interceptions from Nassib.
- “We are progressing. We have some players,” Marrone said. “The players have to get used to playing with each other. There are a lot of different faces out there. You can see the difference this year. Our scrimmages are not controlled. We are trying to simulate a game and just play football.”