- Undrafted West Virginia players -- and all prospective Big East undrafted free agents -- now have to play the waiting game with the NFL lockout. WVU could allow beer sales at other sports, too, not just football. The Mountaineers defense needs some building back up.
- The Big East didn't do well where it mattered in the NFL draft.
- The Pac-12 has reportedly landed a lucrative TV contract that could be the richest in college sports. What will it mean for the Big East's own negotiations?
- Jordan Todman and his supporters are mystified why the UConn star fell so far in the draft.
- What's going on with Villanova? There's this snippet from a Mike Jensen column in the Philadelphia Inquirer:
"At this point, consider the move-up a coin flip (i.e., I don't have a clue).
"One big question: Does Big East commissioner John Marinatto have any pull to get this done? If the answer is no, then it's hard to see the Big East staying together as it is constructed now, if a block of the league's football schools are thinking as a football league, period."