August, 9, 2011
By Andrea Adelson | ESPN.com
Serving up your links for today ...
- Another UConn receiver has left the program.
- Much will be asked of Louisville's sophomores.
- Dana Holgorsen is a reason to be excited about the upcoming college football season. Paul Millard has the right attitude in camp, but Holgorsen has advertised walk-on tryouts for quarterback to the student body. Also in that story -- running back Daquan Hargrett is transferring. Is Tavon Austin the answer to return punts? Ryan Clarke carries a fumble rap.
- Pitt defensive end Bryan Murphy is academically ineligible. Also, linebacker Dan Mason (knee) is out indefinitely. Backup quarterback Anthony Gonzalez says his arrest on marijuana possession was a learning experience. The team has embraced Todd Graham's vision.
- Rutgers linebacker David Milewski is eager to test out his knee. Miles Shuler brings speed to the receiving group. Steve Beauharnais is moving back to middle linebacker after going outside in the spring.
- USF quarterback B.J. Daniels tweaked his hamstring during the morning practice Tuesday. No quarterback has more starting experience in the Big East than Daniels. Chaz Hine has been working at center.
- Prince-Tyson Gulley returned to practice for Syracuse and had a great day. It's been a big year for the Jones family.
- Video: catching up with Cincinnati linebacker Maalik Bomar. Isaiah Pead is one quick learner. Running back Darrin Williams' career is over after hamstring surgery.