Big East lunchtime links
August, 29, 2011
By Andrea Adelson | ESPN.com
Get your game face on! It's Week 1. Now let's check in around the league to see what's doing ...
- Cincinnati feels it has early opportunities. Tony Miliano will be the kicker for the Bearcats in Week 1.
- Which Paul Pasqualoni has come to UConn? Five questions for the Huskies and five players to watch. The depth charts shows youth at linebacker.
- Louisville's cornerbacks face a big test.
- A new coach at Pitt means a new way of playing. Pitt is mum on Big 12 speculation. A look at the big business of college football. E.J. Banks is happy to be home. Three keys for Pitt.
- Rutgers hopes Marvin Booker's move to defensive line helps net some sacks. De'Antwan Williams says starting the opener would mean a lot.
- Ryan Nassib is a solid quarterback. Can he transform into a great one? Excellent piece by the Syracuse Post-Standard examining what Nassib has to do to take the next step. Phillip Thomas was back on the field for Syracuse and expected to start the season opener. Doug Marrone is a man with a plan. Predictions for the Orange.
- USF defensive tackles coach Kevin Patrick recalls playing Notre Dame when he was at the University of Miami. The time is now for a Bulls breakthrough.
- West Virginia cornerback Keith Tandy says he's still learning. The Marshall game last season spiked Geno Smith's confidence. West Virginia will run its offense, even with a lead.
- Ranking starting quarterbacks and their backups, from 1-120.