Big East lunchtime links
September, 2, 2011
By Andrea Adelson | ESPN.com
Nothing like being perfect ...
- Cincinnati coach Butch Jones is eager to see what Kenbrell Thompkins can do. Walter Stewart hopes to help the pass rush.
- UConn kicker Dave Teggart is ready to show grace under pressure. Punter Cole Wagner has some tricks up his sleeve.
- Louisville struggles for the win. The defense delivered. The Cardinals picked up a commitment from linebacker Patrick Jean out of Port St. Lucie, Fla.
- Lucas Nix and Chris Jacobson are becoming leaders at Pitt. Andrew Taglianetti's rep for fearlessness has not gone unnoticed.
- The Rutgers defense delivered an impressive performance, but it was only a starting point. Scott Vallone keyed the defensive outburst. The offensive line passed its first test.
- Syracuse's comeback against Wake Forest was simply stunning. The good, the bad and the other stuff about the game. What do those fans who left the game early think now? The Syracuse defense came through when it was needed the most.
- Great read from Martin Fennelly of The Tampa Tribune on USF coach Skip Holtz being an inspiration to "Rudy." The offense might click better in Year 2 under Holtz.
- The jury is still out on the strength of the West Virginia backfield. Extend the Coal Bowl series. Geno Smith's running days are over. Jorge Wright is moving forward.