How the Big East teams shake out after Week 10:
1. Cincinnati (7-1, 3-0). The Bearcats have not exactly dominated their opponents in Big East play, but they have found ways to win. It is hard to argue against that, especially when you consider the state of the rest of the league.
2. Louisville (5-4, 3-1). The Cardinals have won three straight, and you could make the argument that they are playing the best football in the Big East right now after its huge win over West Virginia. But alas, they already lost to Cincinnati.
3. West Virginia (6-3, 2-2). The Mountaineers have not played very well in their last three games, but they land here because ... not many teams in the Big East have played well of late. They still have an offense that dominates, but defense and special teams have been killers.
4. Rutgers (6-3, 3-2). The Scarlet Knights dug deep to overcome a 17-3 deficit and beat USF. Huge win to get back to bowl eligibility and get the team back on track.
5. UConn (4-5, 2-2). Just when you want to believe the Huskies are not very good, they go and upset a team with a winning record. They have got to rank ahead of Syracuse this week for that alone.
6. Syracuse (5-4, 1-3). The Orange have lost two straight, but they have beaten three teams with winning records this season.
7. Pitt (4-5, 2-2). Pitt, on the other hand, has beaten no FBS teams with a winning record.
8. USF (4-4, 0-4). Nothing has gone right for the Bulls in Big East play. They are guaranteed a losing conference record for the fourth straight season.