Big East lunchtime links
October, 8, 2009
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Brian Bennett
- Mike Williams is on pace to smash every Syracuse receiving record, Donnie Webb writes in the Syracuse Post-Standard.
- Adam Gunn's return gave a huge boost to the Pitt defense, Paul Zeise writes in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
- Freshman fullback Ryan Clarke has been a pleasant surprise for West Virginia, Tony Dobies says in the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.
- Aaron Bagsby had a "big screw-up" that led to him being suspended for the first three games, but he's back now competing for UConn's starting safety position, Desmond Conner writes in the Hartford Courant.
- Even more controversy about that "Big Four" billboard in Tampa: South Florida never asked Florida State for permission to use the FSU logo, Greg Auman reports in the St. Petersburg Times.
- Lineup changes have kept the Louisville secondary from gaining continuity, C.L. Brown writes in The Courier-Journal.
- Rutgers kicker San San Te has come a long way, Keith Sargeant writes in the Home News Tribune.