Big East lunchtime links
September, 3, 2012
By Matt Fortuna | ESPN.com
Well that was fun ...
- Coach Butch Jones isn't sure of what to expect Thursday from his Bearcats, Bill Koch writes in the Cincinnati Enquirer.
- The UConn Huskies are wild about the "cat," Jim Fuller writes in the New Haven Register.
- Yahoo! Sports' Pat Forde says that Teddy Bridgewater lived up to the hype in Week 1. Louisville AD Tom Jurich answers 20 questions from WDRB's Rick Bozich.
- Lou Holtz has YSU over Pitt as one of the biggest surprises from the opening weekend in our GameDay wrap. The Pittsburgh Tribune's Jerry DiPaola says that's Pitt's pregame suspensions were worse than the final score.
- Kyle Flood saw mixed results after his Rutgers debut, Tom Luicci writes in the (Newark) Star-Ledger. Chris Bevilacqua and CSTV were the first to see the value of round-the-clock college sports, Mike Vorkunov writes.
- Our Travis Haney has USF's Ryne Giddins among his 30 breakout players for this season . The Tampa Tribune's Martin Fennelly says the jury is still out after the Bulls' first win.
- Newcomers made a good first impression on Syracuse's defense, Nolan Weidner writes in the (Syracuse) Post-Standard.
- Temple sees the need to improve despite its rout, Keith Pompey writes in the Philadelphia Inquirer.