Did you know? Big East Week 5
September, 28, 2012
By Matt Fortuna | ESPN.com
As always, thanks to ESPN Stats & Info, along with each school's sports information department, for these tidbits.
- Florida State leads FBS with the most touchdowns drives that lasted two minutes or less (17) and three plays or fewer (11).
- EJ Manuel has completed 8 of 11 (72.7 percent) passes on throws of 20 yards or more, accounting for 232 yards and three touchdowns. Manuel completed 34.7 percent of his 20-yard throws last year.
- Manuel is completing 78.3 percent of passes when facing five or more pass-rushers this season. Manuel completed 59.8 percent against the blitz last season.
- Manuel is 10-for-13 for 122 yards and two touchdowns under duress this year.
- Teddy Bridgewater has completed 71.9 percent of his passes on third down this season, first in the Big East and ninth in the nation. Bridgewater has converted a first down on 56.3 percent of those throws, good for fourth-best nationally among quarterbacks with at least 10 attempts.
- Louisville leads the nation with drives of 10 plays or more (nine) and drives of five or more minutes (seven). The Cardinals had just five drives of 10 or more plays and one drive of five or more minutes last year.
- Virginia Tech holds the all-time series advantage over Cincinnati, 5-4, including a win in the 2009 Orange Bowl. Landover, Md., will mark the fifth different location these two teams have met in.
- Buffalo is UConn's third different MAC opponent of the nonconference slate, as the Huskies have beaten UMass and lost to WMU. UConn leads the series with Buffalo, 15-4.