Did you know? Big East Week 9
October, 26, 2012
By Matt Fortuna | ESPN.com
Thanks to ESPN Stats & Info and sports information departments for these nuggets.
- Though 7-0, Louisville has struggled in special teams, ranking 117th in punting, 84th in punt returns and 95th in kickoff returns. Cincinnati is 12th in punt returns and 19th in kickoff returns.
- Cincinnati has played only one Big East game this season. The Bearcats and Louisiana Tech (WAC) are the only teams to have played fewer than two conference games. (Excluding independents, of course.)
- Rutgers has struggled in the first half of games, but has outscored opponents 69-3 in the third quarter. The three points allowed are the fewest in FBS.
- This year marks the first time Temple has played both Pennsylvania FBS schools since 2003, and the first time the Owls have played both on the road since 1990.
- Pitt is 0-3 in the Big East for the first time since 2001. That season the Panthers responded by ending the campaign on a six-game winning streak -- including four in conference play -- to finish 7-5 overall and 4-3 in the conference.
- USF is 6-1 all-time against Syracuse but lost the lost meeting in Tampa, Fla., in 2010. The Bulls are playing their first home game since Sept. 29.
- Syracuse has never scored more than 20 points against USF. The Orange rank in the top 35 nationally in both offense (33rd) and defense (26th) this season.