Big East lunchtime links
June, 25, 2013
By Andrea Adelson | ESPN.com
For those of you who do not know him, this blog would not have been possible throughout the years without the help of Big East spokesman John Paquette, one of the best in the business. So thank you, John, for all your hard work. I am sad to see you go.
- Could not agree more with Paul Dehner's choice for No. 5 on his list of Cincinnati players who must step up this year.
- Louisville got two commitments Monday, including one from highly rated running back Daniel Gresham out of Texas.
- Gresham had originally committed to Texas before changing his mind.
- Meanwhile, the Cards lost a commit to Georgia.
- Memphis will have a new color commentator on radio broadcasts this season.
- New Rutgers athletic director Julie Hermann tells the Star-Ledger she is eager to move forward.
- Gary Nova knows it's on him to lead the Rutgers offense.
- SMU picked up a key commitment from a defensive end.
- Temple picked up two more commitments, bringing its total for the class of 2014 to 13.
- UCF commitment Maurice Hall is lucky to be alive.
- Three players from New York could end up transforming UConn football.
- USF checked in at No. 80 on Paul Myerberg's college football countdown in USA Today. Willie Taggart's old team, Western Kentucky, is ranked ahead of the Bulls.