Big East lunchtime links
November, 9, 2009
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Brian Bennett
- West Virginia has a lot of problems to address in a short week, Jack Bogaczyk writes in the Charleston Daily Mail.
- CBS Sports' Dennis Dodd says Notre Dame should act fast on a possible new coaching hire, and it should already be talking to Brian Kelly to see if he's interested.
- Pitt has three tough games remaining, but all three opponents have vulnerabilities, Paul Zeise writes in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
- South Florida likely will be without big-play receiver Carlton Mitchell on Thursday night against Rutgers, Gregg Becnel reports in the Tampa Tribune.
- Rutgers is focusing on making a fifth straight bowl game with the league title now out of its sights, Tom Luicci writes in The Star-Ledger.
- The sad reality for Syracuse is that it has fallen behind both Rutgers and Temple, Bud Poliquin says in the Syracuse Post-Standard.
- Lindsey Witten has great stats, but Randy Edsall says the defensive end hasn't played well enough in league action, Neill Ostrout notes in the Connecticut Post.