Monday, October 29, 2012
Big East power rankings: Week 10
By Andrea Adelson
Time to re-rank 'em!
1. Louisville (8-0, 3-0). The Cardinals are the only ranked, unbeaten team left in the Big East. The No. 1 spot is yours, Cards. Now try not to break anything.
2. Rutgers (7-1, 4-0). That was a really bad loss to Kent State. The Scarlet Knights doomed themselves with seven turnovers, including six interceptions from Gary Nova. But they stay in the top two. Nowhere to really drop them.
3. Cincinnati (5-2, 1-1). The Bearcats showed an incredible amount of heart in nearly beating Louisville. But they have dropped two straight and have to find a way to get better play out of Munchie Legaux.
4. Syracuse (4-4, 3-1). The Orange may well end up being the biggest surprise in the Big East after winning their second straight game. But they came 3 seconds from losing to USF. The big test is this weekend at Cincinnati.
5. Pitt (4-4, 1-3). The Panthers won their first Big East game and second straight overall, but they get to follow that up with a trip to Notre Dame next week.
6. Temple (3-4, 2-2). The Owls lost by 30 points to Pitt, but are still better than UConn and USF.
7. USF (2-6, 0-4). The Bulls lost yet another heartbreaker, but they didn't get beaten by the Orange nearly as badly as UConn did.
8. UConn (3-5, 0-3). The Huskies can prove they are better than USF in their head-to-head matchup Saturday in Tampa.