Big Ten's lunch links
June, 3, 2014
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
Can I kick it?
- Three years after the Ohio State tattoo scandal, E. Gordon Gee says, "I think everyone won." Ed Warriner is overseeing another extreme makeover on the Ohio State offensive line.
- Purdue's Raheem Mostert is being called the fastest man in the FBS after he qualified for the NCAA championships in track and field.
- Washington transfer Damore’ea Stringfellow is eager for his change of scenery at Nebraska.
- The 2014 season is crucial for Tim Beckman's future at Illinois.
- A Michigan quarterback recruit tweaked Ohio State fans on Twitter and heard about it. Michigan pledge Tyree Kinnel is staying strong with the Wolverines even as other schools gain interest.
- If Auburn is going to claim more national titles, should Penn State do the same? James Franklin spent only one year in the NFL with the Green Bay Packers but found it to be a valuable developmental experience.
- Former Iowa star Chad Greenway rescued two people from a lake in Minnesota.
- The Big Ten Network examines the toughest conference game for each team this season.
- Rutgers freshman receiver Dre Boggs plans on making an immediate impact.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
8:15 4th Qtr Utah 26 Michigan 10 14:53 4th Qtr Rutgers 31 Navy 17 0:27 3rd Qtr Massachusetts 0 Penn State 41 13:15 4th Qtr San Jose State 7 Minnesota 17 Delayed Texas State Illinois 7:56 3rd Qtr Indiana 17 18 Missouri 17 8:00 PM ET Miami (FL) 24 Nebraska Final Iowa 24 Pittsburgh 20 Final Eastern Michigan 14 11 Michigan State 73 Final Western Illinois 7 Northwestern 24 Final Southern Illinois 13 Purdue 35 Final Bowling Green 17 19 Wisconsin 68 Final Maryland 34 Syracuse 20