Big Ten's lunch links
June, 19, 2014
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
A devastating World Cup showing for Spain. On the plus side, they get to go back to Spain.
- Josh Ferguson will have to carry a big load for Illinois this year. The Illini got a commitment from an offensive lineman.
- A defensive end said yes to Indiana.
- Depth at safety is a concern for Iowa, and Kirk Ferentz says some incoming freshmen may have to contribute there. Hawkeyes seniors say they need to step up their leadership and accountability after a few off-the-field incidents.
- Jabrill Peppers wants to restore the winning tradition at Michigan. The Wolverines found a Messiah at QB for the 2016 class.
- Mark Dantonio is preparing for his second act, Graham Couch writes.
- Former Minnesota star Tyrone Carter counts his blessings despite his wife being paralyzed.
- Ohio State added another commitment, this time a defensive end from Cleveland.
- Dave Joyner made a positive impact in a no-win situation at Penn State, Cory Giger writes.
- Purdue is exploring the idea of going to FieldTurf at Ross-Ade Stadium.
- Wisconsin landed a highly-rated tight end from Illinois.
- A Rutgers contingent attended the deployment ceremony at Fort Dix.