Big Ten's lunch links
June, 24, 2014
By Josh Moyer | ESPN.com
The World Cup's been great, but I'd still take football over fútbol any day.
- Maryland associate athletic director Ryan Bowles is helping to oversee Maryland's transition to the Big Ten -- and making changes and tweaks to athletics in preparation of the July 1 move.
- As questions loom over Rutgers' readiness for the B1G, athletic director Julie Hermann is preparing the university and speaking in "equal parts promise and hyperbole."
- BTN releases its "All-Leaders Defensive Team," which takes a look at the top players in the division from 2011 to 2013.
- For the first time in four seasons, Wisconsin coach Gary Andersen will oversee a specific position: outside linebacker.
- Iowa TE Ray Hamilton has been patiently waiting his turn, and now he's on pace to fill the big shoes of C.J. Fiedorowicz. Can the Hawkeyes defense survive without their linebacking trio?
- James Franklin's "Lasch Bash" gives Penn State recruits and commits a taste of the program. Monday's report regarding Tom Corbett's handling of the Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse investigation is unlikely to change many minds.
- A longtime Nebraska fan, a season ticket holder since the 1950s, fulfills one of his life's last dreams with a private tour of the football stadium.
- Purdue coach Darrell Hazell talks about the new NCAA rule that allows for "football summer school" and compares it to 6 a.m. workouts, when you can use everything but a ball.
- Michigan TE commit Chris Clark on the rivalry with Ohio State: "We taking over."
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Iowa 24 Pittsburgh 20 Final Eastern Michigan 14 11 Michigan State 73 Final Western Illinois 7 Northwestern 24 Final Southern Illinois 13 Purdue 35 Final Bowling Green 17 19 Wisconsin 68 Final Maryland 34 Syracuse 20 Final Utah 26 Michigan 10 Final Rutgers 31 Navy 24 Final Massachusetts 7 Penn State 48 Final San Jose State 7 Minnesota 24 Final Texas State 35 Illinois 42 Final Indiana 31 18 Missouri 27 Final Miami (FL) 31 24 Nebraska 41