Big Ten lunch links
February, 22, 2010
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Catching up on links from late last week and the weekend.
- As expected, Wisconsin's athletic board approved a $3 increase in football ticket prices, Andy Baggott writes in the Wisconsin State Journal. An excellent breakdown of the reasoning behind the increase from Tom Mulhern of the State Journal.
- Offensive linemen Doug Bartels (Northwestern) and Jeff Allen (Illinois) and safety Jordan Kovacs (Michigan) make SI.com's All Two-Star (and fewer) team.
- Rich Rodriguez reiterates his pledge to Michigan at a pep rally Sunday, annarbor.com's Dave Birkett writes. More quotes from RichRod and several former Michigan players, Mark Synder writes in the Detroit Free Press.
- Purdue linebacker Jason Werner received one more chance in football, and he plans to capitalize on it, Mike Carmin writes in The (Lafayette) Journal and Courier.
- Former Penn State quarterback Anthony Morelli is giving the NFL another shot two years after being cut by Arizona, The Associated Press' Michael Marot writes.
- The Des Moines Register's Sean Keeler breaks down a possible 14-team Big Ten with new additions Pitt, Missouri and Nebraska.
- Michigan State and Michigan picked up 2011 commitments during the weekend from Onjae Miller and Shawn Conway, respectively.