In Columbus today, visiting with the Big Ten champs.
- Offensive coordinator Calvin Magee has enjoyed Michigan's quarterback competition this spring, Angelique Chengelis writes in The Detroit News. Former Michigan quarterback Steven Threet will be the nation's biggest impact transfer this fall, according to The Sporting News' Matt Hayes.
- Wisconsin's new backup quarterback, Jon Budmayr, is making progress this spring, and the team's health has started to improve, Tom Mulhern writes in the Wisconsin State Journal.
- Promising redshirt freshman tackle Henry Conway goes down for Michigan State, Shannon Shelton writes in the Detroit Free Press. The Spartans are using the 3-4 defense a lot more this spring, Joe Rexrode writes in the Lansing State Journal.
- Dan Herron got most of the reps in Thursday's practice as several of his fellow Ohio State running backs were banged up, Ken Gordon writes in The Columbus Dispatch. The Buckeyes will wear pink in their spring game for a good cause.
- Penn State specialist Anthony Fera doesn't help his cause in the ongoing competition for the starting punter job, Derek Levarse reports in The Times-Leader.
- Some news and observations from Indiana's practice Thursday from The (Bloomington) Herald-Times' Dustin Dopirak.
- Justin Green's injury has created opportunity for Bud Golden to step in as Illinois' No. 3 running back, Bob Asmussen writes in The (Champaign) News-Gazette. More on Illinois' new old-school approach this spring from GateHouse News Service's John Supinie.