Big Ten lunch links
April, 22, 2010
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Question of the day: Do you have enough patience to wait for Big Ten expansion?
- Colleague Ted Miller recaps Day 2 from the BCS meetings.
- The Big East is prepared to fight if the Big Ten tries to poach its teams, Tom Luicci writes in The Star-Ledger. The Big Ten might not be the only conference looking to go big through expansion.
- An interesting comment from a Big 12 official in this story by the Los Angeles Times' Chris Dufresne.
- Ohio State safety Tyler Moeller talks about the ugly incident that cost him the 2009 season as well as his hope to return this fall. Terrelle Pryor might not play much in the Buckeyes' spring game, but the quarterback went No. 1 in Wednesday's player draft, Doug Lesmerises writes in The Cleveland Plain Dealer.
- Michigan State also held its spring game player draft Wednesday, and running back Edwin Baker might feel a little snubbed, Shannon Shelton writes in the Detroit Free Press. The Green squad looks to be the clear favorite, Joe Rexrode writes in the Lansing State Journal.
- Penn State defensive tackle Jared Odrick is a virtual lock to go in the first round of the NFL draft tonight, Joe Juliano writes in the Philadelphia Inquirer.
- Minnesota's spring game is being likened to a final exam for quarterback candidates Adam Weber and MarQueis Gray, John Hageman writes in the Minnesota Daily.
- As Purdue wrapped up spring ball Wednesday, the secondary remains a concern, Mike Carmin writes in The (Lafayette) Journal & Courier.
- Former Iowa tight end Tony Moeaki wants to prove his body can hold up in the NFL, Pat Harty writes in the Iowa City Press-Citizen. Here's the draft outlook for all of Iowa's NFL hopefuls from The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette's Scott Dochterman.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/b1g