Big Ten lunch links
May, 25, 2010
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Big Ten expansion actually takes a backseat in the links today, although I doubt Michigan likes being in the spotlight.
- After slapping itself on the wrist Tuesday, Michigan needs Rich Rodriguez to start winning games this fall or pack his bags, Dan Wetzel writes at Yahoo! Sports. Michigan is just like every other program now, and the focus shifts to a head coach on the hot seat, Drew Sharp writes in the Detroit Free Press.
- A look beyond the self-imposed penalties and tough language shows that both Michigan and Rodriguez intend to fight back, Bob Wojnowski writes in The Detroit News.
- An in-depth breakdown of Rodriguez's own response to the NCAA from annarbor.com's Dave Birkett.
- Penn State picks up an offensive tackle for its 2010 recruiting class. Nittany Lions standouts Evan Royster and Stefen Wisniewski earn preseason All-America honors from Phil Steele.
- The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette's Marc Morehouse examines one of Iowa's most important first-year contributors in 2010: starting right tackle Markus Zusevics.
- The SEC needs to pay attention to what the Big Ten does with expansion, and here's why, Tony Barnhart writes in The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Big East commissioner John Marinatto admits the Big Ten's situation poses a threat to his league, Greg Auman writes in the St. Petersburg Times.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Penn State 26 UCF 24 Final Youngstown State 17 Illinois 28 Final Indiana State 10 Indiana 28 Final Northern Iowa 23 Iowa 31 Final Appalachian State 14 Michigan 52 Final 5 Ohio State 34 Navy 17 Final Western Michigan 34 Purdue 43 Final Florida Atlantic 7 22 Nebraska 55 Final California 31 Northwestern 24 Final James Madison 7 Maryland 52 Final 14 Wisconsin 24 13 LSU 28
Final Eastern Illinois 20 Minnesota 42 Final Rutgers 41 Washington State 38