Big Ten lunch links
August, 2, 2010
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Feeding your media day munchies.
- Expansion is only one of many topics to be addressed during Big Ten media days, Teddy Greenstein writes in the Chicago Tribune. There's also division alignment, Mike Carmin writes in The (Lafayette) Journal and Courier. And don't forget scheduling, which Minnesota's Joel Maturi wants finalized ASAP, Phil Miller writes in the Star Tribune.
- After spending time in Lincoln, it's easy to see why Nebraska makes sense in the Big Ten, Sean Keeler writes in the Des Moines Register. Nebraska AD Tom Osborne is comfortable with expanding Memorial Stadium, Brian Cristopherson writes in the Lincoln Journal Star.
- Wisconsin doesn't want a repeat of 2007 (or 2008, for that matter), Jeff Potrykus writes in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- A look at some of the big questions Michigan head coach Rich Rodriguez will face today, Mark Snyder writes in the Detroit Free Press.
- Penn State likely will be a run-first team in 2010, but if the Lions take to the air, watch out for receiver Derek Moye, Ron Musselman writes in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Missed this from last week, but Joe Paterno sounds off on several topics in an extensive interview with the Reading Eagle.
- Jim Tressel isn't get caught up in talk of another Big Ten title at Ohio State, Ken Gordon writes in The Columbus Dispatch. Tressel recently hosted his players but made sure they didn't stop competing, Doug Lesmerises writes in The Cleveland Plain Dealer. Someone needs to challenge the Buckeyes this fall in the Big Ten, Mike Lucas writes in The Capital Times.
- Northwestern has shifted football marketing into high gear, Tina Akouris writes in the Chicago Sun-Times.
- Lucas Oil Stadium in Indy could be the front-runner to host a potential Big Ten title game in football, Josh Katzenstein writes in The Detroit News.
- A video interview with the always-entertaining Iowa receiver Derrell Johnson-Koulianos from The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette's Mike Hlas.
- The (Champaign) News-Gazette's Bob Asmussen turns in his preseason AP poll ballot and his Big Ten predictions.
- More than 1,000 days have passed since Michigan State lost to archrival Michigan, Tony Paul writes in The Detroit News.
- The Indianapolis Star's Jeff Rabjohns addresses several questions facing Purdue and Indiana in 2010.