Ready for camp?
- Quarterback and offensive line are two of Penn State's primary concerns as camp opens today, Derek Levarse writes in The Times-Leader. Joe Paterno remains The Story in State College, statecollege.com's Mike Poorman writes. JoePa should keep quiet about how Bobby Bowden was treated at Florida State, Mike Bianchi writes in the Orlando Sentinel.
- Big Ten players are meeting regularly on how to deal with the agent issue, annarbor.com's Dave Birkett writes.
- Ohio State safety Tyler Moeller finally gets to hit somebody, Doug Lesmerises writes in The Cleveland Plain Dealer. Those who think Jim Tressel is conservative apparently have "no investment in the situation," Ken Gordon writes in The Columbus Dispatch.
- The (Champaign) News-Gazette's Loren Tate educates us on the 2010 Illinois football team. Eddie McGee's career hasn't gone according to plan, but the quarterback-turned-receiver has a license to lead this fall, Mark Tupper writes in The (Decatur) Herald & Review.
- Minnesota head coach Tim Brewster might be in the minority, but he likes a nine-game conference slate, Phil Miller writes in the Star Tribune.
- After the NCAA investigation, Michigan players seemed less inclined to show up for summer workouts, according to cornerback Troy Woolfolk, Mark Snyder writes in the Detroit Free Press. Former Wolverines corner Boubacar Cissoko is sentenced for his role in four robberies, Gregg Krupa writes in The Detroit News.
- Northwestern's Pat Fitzgerald is only 35, but he doesn't plan to coach even into his sixties, Teddy Greenstein writes in the Chicago Tribune. The Wildcats are looking for big things from defensive tackle Corbin Bryant, Tina Akouris writes in the Chicago Sun-Times.
- Michigan State is loaded at linebacker, prompting a shift to the 3-4, Joe Rexrode writes in the Lansing State Journal.
- Big Ten analysts have questions about Purdue's rushing attack, Mike Carmin writes in The (Lafayette) Journal and Courier.
- A look at five story lines for Indiana as training camp begins, Dustin Dopirak writes in The (Bloomington) Herald-Times (subscription required).
- Penn State and Iowa love to party.
- Michigan State quarterback Kirk Cousins grew up wanting to play for Iowa, Pat Harty writes in the Iowa City Press-Citizen.
- According to Jim Delany's criteria (1993-present), Wisconsin looks very strong as the Big Ten decides divisions, Tom Mulhern writes in the Wisconsin State Journal.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
2:00 PM ET Washington State Colorado State 3:30 PM ET 20 Fresno State 25 USC 5:30 PM ET Buffalo San Diego State 9:00 PM ET Tulane Louisiana-Lafayette
6:00 PM ET Pittsburgh Bowling Green 9:30 PM ET Utah State 23 Northern Illinois
2:30 PM ET Marshall Maryland 6:00 PM ET Syracuse Minnesota 9:30 PM ET Brigham Young Washington
12:00 PM ET Rutgers Notre Dame 3:20 PM ET Cincinnati North Carolina 6:45 PM ET Miami (FL) 18 Louisville 10:15 PM ET Michigan Kansas State
11:45 AM ET Middle Tennessee Navy 3:15 PM ET Ole Miss Georgia Tech 6:45 PM ET 10 Oregon Texas 10:15 PM ET 14 Arizona State Texas Tech
12:30 PM ET Arizona Boston College 2:00 PM ET Virginia Tech 17 UCLA 4:00 PM ET Rice Mississippi State 8:00 PM ET 24 Duke 21 Texas A&M
12:00 PM ET Nebraska 22 Georgia 12:00 PM ET UNLV North Texas 1:00 PM ET Iowa 16 LSU 1:00 PM ET 19 Wisconsin 9 South Carolina 5:00 PM ET 5 Stanford 4 Michigan State 8:30 PM ET 15 UCF 6 Baylor
7:30 PM ET 13 Oklahoma State 8 Missouri 8:30 PM ET 12 Clemson 7 Ohio State