Big Ten lunch links
August, 17, 2010
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Here's what's happening in your neck of the woods ...
- Penn State insiders say freshmen Robert Bolden and Silas Redd are standing out in camp, Bob Flounders writes in The (Harrisburg) Patriot-News. Liberian national Bani Gbadyu has found a home in Happy Valley, Paul Sokoloski writes in The Times Leader.
- Iowa has the nation's No. 2 secondary, according to Rivals.com's Tom Dienhart. Get ready for some new game-day rules in Iowa City, Lee Hermiston writes in the Iowa City Press-Citizen.
- Ohio State is hoping for good news regarding defensive end Nathan Williams' knee injury, Ken Gordon writes in The Columbus Dispatch.
- Did you know Michigan State linebacker Greg Jones and Ohio State receiver DeVier Posey are cousins? Spartans veteran offensive lineman John Stipek knows there are no guarantees, Joe Rexrode writes in the Lansing State Journal.
- Wisconsin head coach Bret Bielema is increasing media access and improving his image, Andy Baggot writes in the Wisconsin State Journal. Badgers offensive linemen John Moffitt and Bill Nagy prepare for their final go-round, Jeff Potrykus writes in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Indiana quarterback Ben Chappell learns from his mistakes, but doesn't dwell on them, Scott Dochterman writes in The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette. The Replogle brothers anchor Indiana's defense this fall, LaMond Pope writes in The (Fort Wayne) Journal Gazette.
- Purdue goes through a scrimmage and a few more injuries crop up, Mike Carmin writes in The (Lafayette) Journal and Courier.
- An interesting look at Minnesota's new wide receivers coach, former NFL wideout Steve Watson, from Phil Miller of the Star Tribune. Watson is spending more time with backup quarterback MarQueis Gray these days, Marcus Fuller writes in The (St. Paul) Pioneer Press.
- Some Illinois practice notes from The (Champaign) News-Gazette's Bob Asmussen.
- Three Northwestern defensive ends are in the mix to replace standout Corey Wootton, Tina Akouris writes in the Chicago Sun-Times.