Big Ten lunch links
October, 7, 2010
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
I brought you some soda, but I couldn't find any straws, so you'll have to drink it like cats.
- Week 6 picks from yours truly (Big Ten only), College Football News (Big Ten only) and colleague Bruce Feldman (some Big Ten, some national).
- The Michigan-Michigan State showdown is an unlikely blockbuster matchup after what happened in 2009, Chris Dufresne writes in the Los Angeles Times. A look at how the in-state rivalry impacts recruiting from The Detroit News' Matt Charboneau. Check out how much one Detroit man is looking forward to the Michigan-MSU game.
- The Philadelphia Daily News' Bernard Fernandez looks at who's to blame for Penn State's clock-management woes at Iowa. Penn State called a players-only meeting Monday to determine where this season is headed, Cory Giger writes in The Altoona Mirror.
- An interesting look at how Bret Bielema's record compares to Barry Alvarez's final six seasons at Wisconsin, Dave Heller writes in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Former Ohio State running back Maurice Clarett is living in the present, Rob Oller writes in The Columbus Dispatch. More on the scrutinized Buckeyes run game from The Dispatch's Ken Gordon.
- Adam Weber has no regrets about choosing Minnesota instead of Wisconsin, Phil Miller writes in the Star Tribune. The Gophers will stick with two running backs at Wisconsin, Marcus Fuller writes in the (St. Paul) Pioneer Press.
- Speaking of no regrets, Illinois defensive tackle Corey Liuget has none after considering a transfer, Shannon Ryan writes in the Chicago Tribune.
- Purdue quarterback Rob Henry isn't likely lose his poise in his first career start, Mike Carmin writes in The (Lafayette) Journal and Courier.
- After struggling to stop Denard Robinson, Indiana's defense faces a totally different test in Terrelle Pryor, Dustin Dopirak writes in The (Bloomington) Herald-Times (subscription required).
- A good look at one of the few bright spots on Michigan's defense from annarbor.com's Michael Rothstein.
- Northwestern linebacker Ben Johnson made the right choice at the end of the Minnesota game, a decision backed up by the 49ers disaster on Sunday, Teddy Greenstein writes in the Chicago Tribune.
- Despite his health setbacks, Iowa veteran D-coordinator Norm Parker is in it for the long haul, Pat Harty writes in the Iowa City Press-Citizen.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Iowa 24 Pittsburgh 20 Final Eastern Michigan 14 11 Michigan State 73 Final Western Illinois 7 Northwestern 24 Final Southern Illinois 13 Purdue 35 Final Bowling Green 17 19 Wisconsin 68 Final Maryland 34 Syracuse 20 Final Utah 26 Michigan 10 Final Rutgers 31 Navy 24 Final Massachusetts 7 Penn State 48 Final San Jose State 7 Minnesota 24 Final Texas State 35 Illinois 42 Final Indiana 31 18 Missouri 27 Final Miami (FL) 31 24 Nebraska 41