Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg
Tightening our belts around here.
- Michigan promises to produce one of the nation's most interesting spring games, as freshman quarterback Tate Forcier enters the spotlight, Dave Curtis writes in The Sporting News.
- Illinois is freezing football season-ticket prices for 2009, Bob Asmussen writes in The (Champaign) News-Gazette.
- Minnesota picked up its fourth commitment for the 2010 class, the St. Paul Pioneer Press' Marcus Fuller writes in his blog.
- If Florida State has to vacate wins after violations stemming from academic fraud, the all-time coaching victories race will be over with Penn State's Joe Paterno prevailing, Cory Giger writes in The Altoona Mirror.
- Ron Zook explains Illinois' struggles last fall, Tommy Hicks writes in The Mississippi Press.
"We had too many freshmen and sophomores on this year's team," he said. "They haven't been through enough tough times, especially in a league like the Big Ten. At worst, we should have been 8-4."