Big Ten lunch links
October, 13, 2010
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
It's not too late to join my chat, which begins right now.
- There are several Big Ten-related items, including a Wisconsin-Ohio State prediction, in this week's Dash by colleague Pat Forde.
- Wisconsin hopes to change its recent fortunes against the Scarlet and Gray, Jeff Potrykus writes in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. The Badgers' coaches know how to use their two running backs, Tom Oates writes in the Wisconsin State Journal.
- Despite all the Terrelle Pryor talk, Ohio State's strength always will be its defense, Andy Baggot writes in the Wisconsin State Journal. Pryor heads back to Wisconsin as a very different player than in 2008, Bill Livingston writes in The Cleveland Plain Dealer. Rather than belabor the running back situation, Ohio State fans should enjoy this pass-happy offense, Rob Oller writes in The Columbus Dispatch.
- Illinois is holding its own in a tough stretch of games. The Illini aren't worried by a negative tweet sent by running back Jason Ford, Stu Durando writes in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
- The bye week really helped Purdue sort itself out after a rash of injuries, Mike Carmin writes in The (Lafayette) Journal and Courier.
- Iowa's Adam Robinson will get 20-25 carries and take 20-25 hits per game this fall, Marc Morehouse writes in The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette.
- Tim Brewster's challenge to Bret Bielema has fired up his Minnesota players, Marcus Fuller writes in the (St. Paul) Pioneer Press.
- Michigan State's next step is to build on its success, Rick Shepich writes in the Livingston Daily Press & Argus. We now know why Michigan State suspended cornerback Chris L. Rucker.
- Michigan defenders say they knew what was coming against MSU but still couldn't stop it, Mark Snyder writes in the Detroit Free Press.
- The heat has been turned up on Penn State coach Joe Paterno. Blowout losses at home are rare for Penn State, but not unprecedented, Steve Heiser writes in The York Dispatch.
- Indiana's offensive line is dealing with several injuries, Dustin Dopirak writes in The (Bloomington) Herald-Times (subscription required).
- Some Big Ten notes from the Chicago Tribune's Teddy Greenstein.