Big Ten lunch links
October, 14, 2010
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Teach me how to Bucky.
- The Big Ten Network's Dave Revsine goes inside the numbers for Week 7 in the Big Ten.
- In case you missed them, Big Ten picks from yours truly and College Football News.
- Terrelle Pryor says he's fine for this week's game at Wisconsin, Doug Lesmerises writes in The Cleveland Plain Dealer.
- Former Wisconsin coach Barry Alvarez wouldn't have gone for two last week like Bret Bielema did, Andy Baggot writes in the Wisconsin State Journal. The Badgers hope to wear down Ohio State with two running backs, Jeff Potrykus writes in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Illinois wants to be a bad Homecoming guest again this week in East Lansing, Shannon Ryan writes in the Chicago Tribune. Illini offensive lineman Hugh Thornton receives community service for violating terms of his court supervision.
- Michigan State coach Mark Dantonio never lost perspective when dealing with his recent health issues, Drew Sharp writes in the Detroit Free Press. Former Michigan State quarterback Brian Hoyer gets the satisfaction of seeing Tom Brady in a Spartans shirt, Ian Rapoport writes in the Boston Herald.
- Minnesota coach Tim Brewster's solution to the agent problem: give players stipends, Phil Miller writes in the Star Tribune. The Gophers gear up to stop Purdue star Ryan Kerrigan, Miller writes.
- Iowa defensive coordinator Norm Parker inches closer to a return, Andy Hamilton writes in the Iowa City Press-Citizen. The Hawkeyes are certainly aware of Michigan's speed, Marc Morehouse writes in The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette.
- Michigan wouldn't be the first team to win with a good offense and a lousy defense, annarbor.com's Michael Rothstein writes. Wolverines receiver Martavious Odoms (foot) could return this year, Mark Snyder writes in the Detroit Free Press.
- Indiana's defense tries to cut down on big plays, Dustin Dopirak writes in The (Bloomington) Herald-Times (subscription required).
- Purdue didn't pout following its recent rash of injuries and was rewarded with a big road win, Al Hamnik writes in The Times of Northwest Indiana.
- Penn State's problems are ill-timed and go deeper than just this season, Nick Horvath writes in The (Harrisburg) Patriot-News. Chaz Powell moves back to defense for the Lions, Frank Bodani writes in the York Daily Record.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
2:00 PM ET Washington State Colorado State 3:30 PM ET 20 Fresno State 25 USC 5:30 PM ET Buffalo San Diego State 9:00 PM ET Tulane Louisiana-Lafayette
6:00 PM ET Pittsburgh Bowling Green 9:30 PM ET Utah State 23 Northern Illinois
2:30 PM ET Marshall Maryland 6:00 PM ET Syracuse Minnesota 9:30 PM ET Brigham Young Washington
12:00 PM ET Rutgers Notre Dame 3:20 PM ET Cincinnati North Carolina 6:45 PM ET Miami (FL) 18 Louisville 10:15 PM ET Michigan Kansas State
11:45 AM ET Middle Tennessee Navy 3:15 PM ET Ole Miss Georgia Tech 6:45 PM ET 10 Oregon Texas 10:15 PM ET 14 Arizona State Texas Tech
12:30 PM ET Arizona Boston College 2:00 PM ET Virginia Tech 17 UCLA 4:00 PM ET Rice Mississippi State 8:00 PM ET 24 Duke 21 Texas A&M
12:00 PM ET Nebraska 22 Georgia 12:00 PM ET UNLV North Texas 1:00 PM ET Iowa 16 LSU 1:00 PM ET 19 Wisconsin 9 South Carolina 5:00 PM ET 5 Stanford 4 Michigan State 8:30 PM ET 15 UCF 6 Baylor
7:30 PM ET 13 Oklahoma State 8 Missouri 8:30 PM ET 12 Clemson 7 Ohio State