Big Ten lunch links
October, 21, 2010
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
I've got a lot of happy right now.
- The Star Tribune has an extensive interview with Minnesota president Robert Bruininks about the coaching search and the program (good stuff, and here's the whole thing). A lot of Gophers fans want Marc Trestman, but the program might not be able to land him, Marcus Fuller writes in the (St. Paul) Pioneer Press.
- A National Guardsman used his uniform to sneak into the Michigan-Michigan State game, despite toting two unloaded M-16 rifles. Wow.
- The Big Ten Network's Dave Revsine goes inside the numbers for Week 8 in the Big Ten.
- Bowl projections from Rivals.com, including Iowa to Rose and Ohio State to Fiesta. Which Big Ten team pulls off the most upsets? AOL FanHouse's Brett McMurphy examines a very interesting topic.
- Power football is back in the Big Ten at the top of the league, Tom Mulhern writes in the Wisconsin State Journal.
- Michigan State's unity council has been a big part of the strong start, Drew Sharp writes in the Detroit Free Press. First-year assistant Brad Salem makes an immediate impact on the Spartans' run game, Chris Solari writes in the Lansing State Journal.
- The Iowa-Wisconsin series should resume in 2013, but with a cost elsewhere, Scott Dochterman writes in The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette. Former Iowa star Tim Dwight talks about DJK breaking his team receiving record, Pat Harty writes in the Iowa City Press-Citizen.
- Wisconsin coaches challenged running back John Clay to get back to his 2008 form before last week's game, Jeff Potrykus writes in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Ryan Kerrigan becomes Purdue's superman on Saturdays, Bill Rabinowitz writes in The Columbus Dispatch. Boilers safety Logan Link, a Columbus native, knows all about Ohio State, Mike Carmin writes in The (Lafayette) Journal and Courier.
- Jay Paterno writes about Eric LeGrand and recalls the Adam Taliaferro situation at Penn State. The Lions aren't sure what to expect from wild-card Minnesota on Saturday, Cory Giger writes in The Altoona Mirror.
- Rich Rodriguez says don't rush to judgment on Michigan this year, Bob Wojnowski writes in The Detroit News.
- Illinois is certainly aware of Indiana's dangerous quarterback, Herb Gould writes in the Chicago Sun-Times.
- Last year's Purdue loss marked a turning point for Terrelle Pryor, Ken Gordon writes in The Columbus Dispatch.
- Patience is paying off for Indiana running back Trea Burgess, Terry Hutchens writes in The Indianapolis Star.
- Northwestern has been fortunate on the injury front to this point, Colin Becht writes in The Daily Northwestern.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/b1g