Big Ten late lunch links
April, 9, 2009
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg
These are coming in a bit late -- got tied up with Northwestern practice this morning -- but here's your daily look around the league.
- Michigan's spring game will be more of an event this year, Mark Snyder writes in the Detroit Free Press. Wolverines starting wideout Darryl Stonum was sentenced to a year of probation for impaired driving.
- The term "freak" is being used about several of Wisconsin's young defensive linemen, including injured end Louis Nzegwu, Mike Lucas writes in The Capital Times.
- Minnesota defensive end Cedric McKinley has one goal this season -- beat Willie, Kent Youngblood writes in the Star Tribune.
- Ohio State defensive coordinator Jim Heacock is excited about what he sees up front, Ken Gordon writes in the Columbus Dispatch.
- After some tumultuous times, Indiana safety Jerimy Finch, a transfer from Florida, is feeling comfortable at home again, Chris Korman writes in The Herald-Times (subscription required).
- Freshmen linebackers Antwon Higgs and Dwayne Beckman are turning heads at Purdue this spring, Mike Carmin writes in The Journal and Courier.