Big Ten lunch links
November, 22, 2010
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
It's rivalry week. Are you ready?
- In case you missed them, my Week 13 power rankings and Big Ten race update. Bowl projections and more from The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette's Scott Dochterman.
- Wisconsin doesn't care about being pretty, just winning games, CBSSports.com's Gregg Doyel writes. The Badgers are starting to smell the roses, Michael Hunt writes in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Illinois' Mikel Leshoure worked his magic at Wrigley Field, ESPNChicago.com's Melissa Isaacson writes. Saturday's win likely punched Illinois' ticket to the Texas Bowl, Herb Gould writes in the Chicago Sun-Times.
- The Wrigley Field game was a lot of fun to watch, Rick Morrissey writes in the Chicago Sun-Times. My guy Lindsey Willhite weighs in on the last-minute Wrigley rule changes. Northwestern's next P.R. move should be scheduling Boise State, Mike Imrem writes in the Daily Herald.
- Ohio State could be heading to the Sugar Bowl if things play out as planned, Doug Lesmerises writes in The Cleveland Plain Dealer. The Columbus Dispatch's Bob Hunter weighs in on Terrelle Pryor's season-saving run in Iowa City.
- Michigan State might not be a great team in 2010, but it is definitely a special one, Michael Rosenberg writes in the Detroit Free Press. The Spartans' final step to a Big Ten title is a big one, Lynn Henning writes in The Detroit News. Quarterback Kirk Cousins says he'll be ready for the Penn State game, Shawn Windsor writes in the Free Press.
- If Rich Rodriguez can't fix Michigan's defense, he can't fix the Wolverines, Bob Wojnowski writes in The Detroit News. Sad news as former Michigan star Rob Lytle dies.
- Penn State steps into the spoiler's role this week, Ron Musselman writes in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Statecollege.com's Mike Poorman weighs in on whether Joe Paterno will retire and other burning questions for Penn State.
- A broken season has become a broken record for Iowa, Pat Harty writes in the Iowa City Press-Citizen. Indigestion sums up Iowa's season, AOL FanHouse's Brett McMurphy writes. Running back Adam Robinson could miss the regular-season finale.
- Purdue quarterback Rob Henry is getting a grip, Mike Carmin writes in The (Lafayette) Journal and Courier.