Big Ten lunch links
December, 1, 2010
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Don't forget: Big Ten chat today at noon ET (i.e. right now). Be there.
- San Diego State is trying to keep Big Ten coaching target Brady Hoke, Kevin Gemmell and Tim Sullivan write in the San Diego Union-Tribune.
- Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany and Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz are among those weighing in on league title games, Rivals.com's Tom Dienhart writes.
- Awkward moment avoided as Jim Harbaugh won't attend a dinner at Michigan this week. Michigan should give Rich Rodriguez another year, annarbor.com's Pete Bigelow writes. AD Dave Brandon should make a decision now, Lynn Henning writes in The Detroit News.
- A good piece on the rumor-filled, fact-deprived Minnesota coaching search from the Star Tribune's Phil Miller. A few notes on the search from The (St. Paul) Pioneer Press' Charley Walters.
- Indiana must realize that money talks as it searches for a new coach, Terry Hutchens writes in the Indianapolis Star. Bill Lynch continued to take the high road in encouraging Hoosiers players to keep on fighting, Dustin Dopiral writes in The (Bloomington) Herald-Times.
- Illinois' Mikel Leshoure has an NFL decision to make, but he's not worried about it now, Herb Gould writes in the Chicago Sun-Times.
- Speaking of NFL decisions, three Wisconsin players will explore their options, Jeff Potrykus writes in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Both of Wisconsin's coordinators are being pursued for other jobs, Tom Mulhern writes in the Wisconsin State Journal.
- Michigan State is now the state's top football program, Jamie Samuelsen writes in the Detroit Free Press.
- Ohio State's bowl destination is up in the air, although the players think the Big Easy is in their future, Tim May and Ken Gordon write in The Columbus Dispatch.
- Penn State won't know its bowl destination until Sunday, David Jones writes in The (Harrisburg) Patriot-News. The Lions' 7-5 record wasn't a surprise, but 15 other things qualified, statecollege.com's Mike Poorman writes.