Big Ten lunch links
December, 15, 2010
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
It's not too late to join the Big Ten chat, which begins right now.
- Iowa doesn't have a drug problem but it tried to address its perception problem Tuesday, CBSsports.com's Dennis Dodd writes. The Hawkeyes are mired in a rough stretch, AOL FanHouse's Mark Hasty writes. Coach Kirk Ferentz didn't say much of note Tuesday, but he looked worn down, Sean Keeler writes in the Des Moines Register.
- Monday Night Football is coming to Minnesota's TCF Bank Stadium, Paul Levy writes in the Star Tribune.
- The Big Ten defends its new division names, Teddy Greenstein writes in the Chicago Tribune.
- Rivals.com reveals its Big Ten All-Freshman team, which looks a lot like mine. Several Big Ten freshman appear on Phil Steele's national All-Freshman squad.
- Ohio State's Terrelle Pryor is feeling disrespected, and he could look to prove a point in the Allstate Sugar Bowl, Bill Livingston writes in The Cleveland Plain Dealer. The Buckeyes don't know much about Arkansas -- the team or the state, Ken Gordon writes in The Columbus Dispatch.
- The Detroit News' Lynn Henning wonders: if Michigan came calling, would Jim Harbaugh listen? Arkansas' Ryan Mallett says he still has "a little Michigan in me" regarding his feelings on Ohio State.
- Jeff Horton and all but one of Tim Brewster's former assistants won't be retained at Minnesota, Charley Walters writes in the (St. Paul) Pioneer Press.
- Wisconsin safety Aaron Henry overcame injuries to finish his career strong, Tom Mulhern writes in the Wisconsin State Journal. Wisconsin's governor is a part of the team's official Rose Bowl party heading to Pasadena, Don Walker writes in the Wisconsin Journal Sentinel.
- Penn State will conduct several bowl practices at the Philadelphia Phillies' training complex in Clearwater, Bob Flounders writes in The (Harrisburg) Patriot-News.
- Big Ten defenders Greg Jones of Michigan State and Ryan Kerrigan of Purdue are cleaning up with the postseason awards.
- Michigan State offensive lineman John Stipek forecasted a special season and says the Spartans aren't done yet, Greg Johnson writes in The Grand Rapids Press.
- It's back to the basics for Northwestern's defense, Greenstein writes.
- New Indiana coach Kevin Wilson is driven by loyalty, LaMond Pope writes in The Fort Wayne Journal Gazette.
- Illinois adds another commitment for its 2011 class, Joe Mink writes in the Ithaca Journal.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET Illinois Northwestern 12:00 PM ET Purdue Indiana 12:00 PM ET Michigan 6 Ohio State 3:30 PM ET 10 Michigan State Penn State 3:30 PM ET 18 Minnesota 14 Wisconsin 3:30 PM ET Rutgers Maryland