Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg
CHICAGO -- Greetings from the Big Ten meetings, which are in full swing today along the banks of the Chicago River. Penn State head coach Joe Paterno had a little trouble locating the football coaches' meeting room this morning, but he eventually found his way.
I chatted briefly with Purdue's Danny Hope, Minnesota's Tim Brewster and Michigan State's Mark Dantonio this morning. The coaches are booked the entire morning and most of the afternoon, so it's a full day for them.
More to come later, so check back later for updates. For now, a few links for you.
- More bad news for Illinois offensive lineman Mike Garrity, as a video captures the bar fight that led to his arrest for assault Friday night.
- Several of the Midwest's top prep quarterbacks were on display this weekend, Josh Helmholdt writes in the Detroit Free Press.
- Michigan quarterbacks coach Rod Smith is a recruiter to watch, according to ESPN Scouts Inc.'s JC Shurburtt.
- Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany admits the league faces a geographical disadvantage in bowl games, The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette's Scott Dochterman writes in his blog. Gazette columnist Mike Hlas wonders why it takes so long for Iowa's Kirk Ferentz and other coaches to sign their contracts.
- No surprises at all as quarterback Daryll Clark and linebacker Sean Lee were elected as Penn State's co-captains for 2009.