Big Ten lunch links
January, 4, 2011
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Happy birthday, Trombone Shorty!
- It's highly doubtful Michigan lands Jim Harbaugh if it dumps Rich Rodriguez, Michael Rosenberg writes in the Detroit Free Press. Rodriguez will meet with athletic director Dave Brandon later Tuesday, annarbor.com's Pete Bigelow writes.
- Quarterback Rob Bolden will meet with Penn State's coaches to discuss his future. Bolden's likely departure could open the door for Paul Jones in the QB race, Mark Wogenrich writes in The Morning Call.
- Wisconsin offensive coordinator Paul Chryst interviews for Texas' OC vacancy, Tom Mulhern writes in the Wisconsin State Journal.
- Terrelle Pryor gets a chance to win over Ohio State's divided fan base tonight, Doug Lesmerises writes in The Cleveland Plain Dealer. An Ohio State win cleanses the bad feelings, while a loss lingers, Rob Oller writes in The Columbus Dispatch. Pryor is the "unwitting whistle-blower" on the NCAA's charade, Yahoo! Sports' Dan Wetzel writes.
- Nebraska will help the Big Ten get back on track soon, Rosenberg writes for SI.com.
- Indiana's Tandon Doss made the right call to jump to the NFL, Terry Hutchens writes in The Indianapolis Star. Several of IU's new assistants have ties to the program, LaMond Pope writes in The (Fort Wayne) Journal Gazette.
- Pat Fitzgerald is opening up all the jobs on Northwestern's embattled defense, Teddy Greenstein writes in the Chicago Tribune.
- Michigan State's special season was driven by overachieving players, Joe Rexrode writes in the Lansing State Journal.
- Adam Robinson's departure from Iowa marked the end of his six-week slide, Andrew Logue writes in the Des Moines Register.
- New Minnesota coach Jerry Kill isn't intimidated about his move to the Big Ten, Phil Miller writes in the Star Tribune.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET Purdue Illinois 12:00 PM ET 20 Ohio State Maryland 2:30 PM ET North Texas Indiana 3:30 PM ET 17 Wisconsin Northwestern 7:00 PM ET Michigan Rutgers 8:00 PM ET 19 Nebraska 10 Michigan State