Big Ten lunch links
February, 4, 2011
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Have a great weekend.
- Colleague David Ubben reviews what it looking like a messy situation in Nebraska regarding Bo Pelini's staff. Star recruit Charles Jackson isn't happy about Marvin Sanders' post-signing day resignation, while Sanders reportedly could face disciplinary action.
- Colleague Bill Kurelic recaps the Big Ten recruiting classes.
- Rich Rodriguez made some interesting comments about his former boss Dave Brandon and his Michigan tenure in an interview with CBSsports.com's Dennis Dodd. Denard Robinson will remain the focal point of Michigan's new offense, Angelique Chengelis writes in The Detroit News.
- Don't count out Iowa from the Cyrus Kouandjio sweepstakes, Elton Hayes writes in The Tuscaloosa News. Iowa recruiting coordinator Eric Johnson recaps the class in Part I, Part II and Part III of an interview with The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette's Marc Morehouse.
- Incoming freshman Braxton Miller will get a chance to start for Ohio State, Ken Gordon writes in The Columbus Dispatch. Defensive depth defines Ohio State's recruiting class, Doug Lesmerises writes in The Cleveland Plain Dealer.
- It's look like Wisconsin recruiting target Jacoby Brissett might surprisingly end up at Florida, Matt Porter writes in the Palm Beach Post.
- Mark Dantonio weighs in on each Michigan State recruit, Joe Rexrode writes in the Lansing State Journal. Dantonio's 2011 class might have been his best at MSU, George Sipple writes in the Detroit Free Press.
- Former Purdue quarterback Bob Griese retires from the broadcast booth.
- Penn State's final recruiting product looks better than it appeared months ago, Jared Shanker writes in The (Harrisburg) Patriot-News. Check out a very good piece from Jeff Rice breaking down Penn State's situation along both lines in recent years.
- New Minnesota coach Jerry Kill discusses recruiting and other topics with 1500 ESPN Twin Cities.
- Kevin Wilson tried to address Indiana's lineman deficiency with his first recruiting class, Terry Hutchens writes in The Indianapolis Star.
- Illinois is already onto 2012 recruiting and targets quarterback Wes Lunt, GateHouse News Service's John Supinie reports.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/b1g