Big Ten lunch links
July, 1, 2009
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Ted Miller
Ticket scalping at Penn State, a potential blockbuster nonconference game for Michigan and, as always, recruiting, lead today's stories.
- According to this list, Illinois is the only Big Ten team with a notable nonconference schedule. Of course, all eyes will be on the Horseshoe on Sept. 12
- Iowa has picked up a commitment for its defensive line.
- Rumor: Michigan might be scheduling a humdinger to open its 2010 season. College football needs more of these.
- A couple of incoming Michigan State frosh are trying to win a world title. Against Mexico.
- An interesting exploration of ticket scalping and the Penn State fan, a subculture that has been kicked to the curb by a new system.
- Sophomore Albert Evans' shoulder is better as he eyeballs playing safety for Purdue. He's just one Boilermaker focused on his opportunity... maybe that should be a slogan?
- This Big Ten notebook leads with trouble for an Illinois offensive lineman.