Big Ten lunch links
February, 8, 2011
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Maybe I should feel weird about giving a stranger my social security number, but the guy's a Nigerian prince!
- Nebraska's likely future play-caller Tim Beck is up for the challenge, Brian Cristopherson writes in the Lincoln Journal Star. The timing wasn't right for Scott Frost to return to Nebraska, Steven M. Sipple writes in the Journal Star.
- Michigan coach Brady Hoke touches on several topics in an extensive interview with The Detroit News' Bob Wojnowski. A look at five incoming recruits who can help Michigan right away, Josh Helmholdt writes in the Detroit Free Press.
- The state of Michigan might be more evenly divided between Michigan and Michigan State than you might think, Greg Johnson writes in The Grand Rapids Press. New Spartans offensive coordinator Dan Roushar will make some changes, but subtle ones, Johnson writes.
- You'll understand Minnesota coach Jerry Kill a little better after this piece from the (St. Paul) Pioneer Press' Bob Sansevere.
- Wisconsin was right to increase the salaries of Bret Bielema and Paul Chryst, Andy Baggot writes in the Wisconsin State Journal.
- Ohio State defensive end Cameron Heyward is on the mend following elbow surgery, Tim May writes in The Columbus Dispatch.
- Former Penn State star Mike Munchak sees his hard work pay off, Donnie Collins writes in The Times-Tribune.
- Former Illinois player Evan Frierson is sentenced in his battery case, Tim Mitchell writes in The (Champaign) News-Gazette.
- Northwestern 2012 recruit Malin Jones talks to colleague Chris Pool about picking the Wildcats.
- One of the fired workers from University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics denies improperly accessing football players' records. Iowa's 2011 recruiting class tops out at 24 members.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET Purdue Illinois 12:00 PM ET 20 Ohio State Maryland 2:30 PM ET North Texas Indiana 3:30 PM ET 17 Wisconsin Northwestern 7:00 PM ET Michigan Rutgers 8:00 PM ET 19 Nebraska 10 Michigan State