Big Ten lunch links
February, 9, 2011
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
The Big Ten blog community gets larger Thursday. Roll out your welcome mat.
- A look at spring football in the Big Ten from Rivals.com's Tom Dienhart.
- Iowa assistant Eric Johnson says the recently hospitalized players will return for spring ball, Randy Peterson writes in the Des Moines Register. Black Heart Gold Pants tries to identify the best Iowa win of the Kirk Ferentz era.
- The Omaha World-Herald reports Bo Pelini's staff shuffle at Nebraska is done, and offensive coordinator Shawn Watson could be off to the NFL.
- More on the sad saga involving former Ohio State quarterback Art Schlichter from The Columbus Dispatch's Mike Wagner.
- Brady Hoke's new staff at Michigan isn't short on experience, annarbor.com's Pete Bigelow writes. Wolverines assistant Fred Jackson on the team's new offense: "Nothing against any [previous] staff at all, but, man, I love this football. The running backs are now a part of the game again."
- Purdue is interviewing strength coach candidates after Jim Lathrop departed for Illinois State, Mike Carmin writes in The (Lafayette) Journal and Courier.
- Illinois assistant Dan Disch is ready to run his own defense at Southern Miss, Bob Asmussen writes in The (Champaign) News-Gazette. According to the National Football Post's Wes Bunting, Illini star Mikel Leshoure is "The draft's best back no one is talking about."
- Three preferred walk-ons will join Penn State in 2011, Linebacker-U.com reports.
- Indiana coach Kevin Wilson will be traveling to the Sunshine State next week. In case you missed it, the Hoosiers in all likelihood will open the season against Ball State in Indy, Greg Fallon writes in the Muncie Star Press.
- Northwestern recruit C.J. Robbins talks about joining the Wildcats, Jared Bell writes in the News Tribune.
- Wisconsin coach Bret Bielema discusses Aaron Henry, finding players that fit the program and the Rose Bowl aftermath at a Florida appearance, Craig Handel writes in The (Fort Myers) News-Press.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
9:47 3rd Qtr Miami (FL) 14 24 Nebraska 24 Final Iowa 24 Pittsburgh 20 Final Eastern Michigan 14 11 Michigan State 73 Final Western Illinois 7 Northwestern 24 Final Southern Illinois 13 Purdue 35 Final Bowling Green 17 19 Wisconsin 68 Final Maryland 34 Syracuse 20 Final Utah 26 Michigan 10 Final Rutgers 31 Navy 24 Final Massachusetts 7 Penn State 48 Final San Jose State 7 Minnesota 24 Final Texas State 35 Illinois 42 Final Indiana 31 18 Missouri 27