Big Ten lunchtime links
March, 14, 2011
By Ted Miller | ESPN.com
Greetings from Scottsdale, Ariz. Last time I stepped in for Adam, there was a wee bit of excitement in the Big Ten. A bit quieter this Monday, though the hand-wringing probably won't stop for a while in Columbus.
- Indiana is taking its time finding a QB.
- Under new Michigan coach Brady Hoke, assistants feel free to announce some games mean more than others. And is a West Coast offense landing in Ann Arbor?
- More on a night in Aspen that went awry for a couple of Michigan State Spartans.
- Radio changes at Minnesota.
- Nebraska coach Bo Pelini is fueled by doubters. Someone should tell him a medium-rare rib eye is a tastier way to re-load. Pelini is pleased with the first spring practice.
- Good stuff from Chris Spielman on the lawyer who sent e-mails to Ohio State coach Jim Tressel, which cited violations by players. Meanwhile, an editorial in the That State up North News isn't very upbeat on Tressel. But even the local scribes -- and most Buckeyes fans -- see the issues here: There are still lots of questions about how Tressel conducted himself. Mike Lupica provides his take.
- A Paterno believes the state should cut funding to Penn State.
- Does your former favorite Big Ten player make Mike Mayock's top 32 for this spring's NFL draft?
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET Purdue Illinois 12:00 PM ET 20 Ohio State Maryland 2:30 PM ET North Texas Indiana 3:30 PM ET 17 Wisconsin Northwestern 7:00 PM ET Michigan Rutgers 8:00 PM ET 19 Nebraska 10 Michigan State