Big Ten lunch links
August, 14, 2009
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg
Ohio State and Penn State both held their media days Thursday, so that's where we begin.
- Ohio State wideout/punt returner Ray Small likely will rejoin the team Friday, Tim May writes in The Columbus Dispatch. Quarterback Terrelle Pryor really ran a 4.33 in the 40 (wow!), Doug Lesmerises writes in The Cleveland Plain Dealer.
- Joe Paterno says it's too soon to get excited about Penn State, Bernard Fernandez writes in the Philadelphia Daily News. Penn State moved veteran Dennis Landolt to left tackle, but there will be plenty of eyes on sophomore tackle DeOn'tae Pannell, David Jones writes in The (Harrisburg) Patriot-News. Get to know the name Jack Crawford, Joe Juliano writes in the Philadelphia Inquirer.
- John Clay's weight has been a popular topic in Madison, but the Wisconsin running back hopes the coaches keep feeding him the ball, Jeff Potrykus writes in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- In case you missed it, my preseason All-Big Ten team.
- Danny Hope wants Purdue to start playing faster after watching the offense edge the defense in two scrimmages, Mike Carmin writes in The (Lafayette) Journal and Courier.
- Denard Robinson's speed makes him one of Michigan's more intriguing young players, Mark Snyder writes in the Detroit Free Press. Michigan's offensive line is a year older and hopefully a year better, Angelique Chengelis writes in The Detroit News.
- Stuck in traffic getting to an Indiana game? Things should get easier this fall with a new route plan, Terry Hutchens writes in The Indianapolis Star.
- Like many BCS teams, Iowa has to shell out big bucks for guarantee games, The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette's Marc Morehouse writes in his blog.
- Two quarterback-receiver combinations from the Big Ten make Sporting News' Davis Curtis' list of top passing connections.
- Minnesota defensive tackles Eric Small and Garrett Brown have totally different personalities, but they make things work on the field, Kent Youngblood writes in the Star Tribune.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET Purdue Illinois 12:00 PM ET 20 Ohio State Maryland 2:30 PM ET North Texas Indiana 3:30 PM ET 17 Wisconsin Northwestern 7:00 PM ET Michigan Rutgers 8:00 PM ET 19 Nebraska 10 Michigan State