Big Ten lunch links
April, 20, 2011
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
The links can wait. The Big Ten chat cannot. Join in!
- Ohio State athletic director Gene Smith discusses a rough situation involving Jim Tressel and the NCAA in Columbus. The Buckeyes are entering a new era, Matt Markey writes in The Toledo Blade. Colleague Jon Gruden thinks Terrelle Pryor can play quarterback in the NFL, Tim May writes in The Columbus Dispatch.
- Michigan State's Arthur Ray Jr. talks about his amazing comeback to the football field here and here and here.
- The injury bug has hit Illinois hard at running back this spring, GateHouse News Service's John Supinie writes.
- Iowa soon should have decisions on running back Adam Robinson and defensive back Willie Lowe, Randy Peterson writes in the Des Moines Register. Talk about a show of support: Iowa names strength coach Chris Doyle its assistant coach of the year.
- A touching moment at Minnesota practice as Connor Cosgrove, who is battling cancer, visits his teammates. Gophers cornerback Troy Stoudermire lays the wood at practice, Phil Miller writes in the Star Tribune.
- Penn State's president doesn't seem too wrapped up in Joe Paterno's contract situation. The "Whitehouse" game will be against Alabama on Sept. 10. Two Nittany Lions receivers work to eliminate drops, Jared Shanker writes in The (Harrisburg) Patriot-News.
- Tight end Kevin Koger should thrive in Michigan's new offense, Ryan Autullo writes in The Toledo Blade. The Wolverines are still looking for a No. 1 running back, Mark Snyder writes in the Detroit Free Press.
- Jared Crick's injury allowed younger Nebraska defensive linemen to step up this spring, Brian Rosenthal writes in the Lincoln Journal Star.
- Indiana hands out progress reports as spring ball wraps up, Tim Ethridge writes in the Evansville Courier & Press.
- A spring snapshot of Purdue from The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette's Scott Dochterman.
- Staying healthy is the biggest challenge for Wisconsin defensive end Brendan Kelly, Tom Mulhern writes in the Wisconsin State Journal.
- A former Michigan lacrosse player finds a home playing football at Northwestern, Josh Sim writes.