Big Ten lunch links
April, 25, 2011
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Let's begin with the teams that played spring games Saturday and then move on from there ...
- OHIO STATE: Spring game reaction from colleague Brian Bennett, The Cleveland Plain Dealer's Bill Livingston, The Sporting News' Matt Hayes and The Columbus Dispatch's Bob Hunter.
- WISCONSIN: Spring game reaction from the Wisconsin State Journal's Tom Oates, the Wisconsin State Journal's Tom Mulhern and the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel's Jeff Potrykus. The poor quarterback play during the game was compounded by the news Curt Phillips will miss the 2011 season following a third knee surgery.
- ILLINOIS: Spring game reaction from the Daily Herald's Lindsey Willhite, The (Champaign) News-Gazette's Loren Tate, The (Decatur) Herald & Review's Mark Tupper and the Alton Telegraph's Pete Hayes.
- MINNESOTA: Spring game reaction from the Star Tribune's Jim Souhan and Phil Miller here and here, and the (St. Paul) Pioneer Press' Marcus Fuller.
- In case you missed the Ohio State/NCAA/Jim Tressel news from this morning, check out some information here and here and here and here.
- Check out the details of Bo Pelini's revised contract at Nebraska from the Lincoln Journal Star's Steven M. Sipple. Incoming Huskers freshman running back Aaron Green doesn't focus on the competition, only himself, Jon Nyatawa writes in the Omaha World-Herald.
- A team-by-team look at Big Ten spring football from the Lincoln Journal Star. The Big Ten's recent struggles show in the past few NFL drafts, annarbor.com's Pete Bigelow writes.
- The Rob Bolden watch continues, and here are 12 reasons the Penn State quarterback stays or goes, statecollege.com's Mike Poorman writes. A spring snapshot of the Nittany Lions from The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette's Marc Morehouse. Penn State might have a tougher time replacing running back Evan Royster than you may think, Dustin Hockensmith writes in The (Harrisburg) Patriot-News.
- Converted defensive lineman Dan France makes an impression on offense for Michigan State, Joe Rexrode writes in the Lansing State Journal. Don't forget about Nick Hill in a crowded Spartans offensive backfield, George Sipple writes in the Detroit Free Press.
- Indiana made the right call by suspending running back Darius Willis for a game, Andy Graham writes in The (Bloomington) Herald-Times (subscription required).
- Michigan coach Brady Hoke attends Ball State's spring game but doesn't wear any red, Doug Zaleski writes in the Muncie Star Press. Former Wolverines cornerback Cullen Christian reportedly will join Ray Vinopal at Pitt.
- Iowa is a "milk carton" team in 2011, Ryan Suchomel writes in the Iowa City Press-Citizen. The Des Moines Register's Sean Keeler sits down with DJK.
- Ryan Kerrigan's versatility makes the Purdue defensive end a coveted draft prospect, Mike Carmin writes in The (Lafayette) Journal and Courier.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET Iowa Pittsburgh 12:00 PM ET Eastern Michigan 11 Michigan State 12:00 PM ET Western Illinois Northwestern 12:00 PM ET Southern Illinois Purdue 12:00 PM ET Bowling Green 19 Wisconsin 12:30 PM ET Maryland Syracuse 3:30 PM ET Utah Michigan 3:30 PM ET Rutgers Navy 4:00 PM ET Massachusetts Penn State 4:00 PM ET San Jose State Minnesota 4:00 PM ET Texas State Illinois 4:00 PM ET Indiana 18 Missouri 8:00 PM ET Miami (FL) 24 Nebraska