Big Ten lunch links
April, 27, 2011
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
As the Big Ten world turns ...
- Michigan State players will receive their Big Ten championship rings after the spring game, Greg Johnson writes in The Grand Rapids Press. Spartans linebacker Max Bullough says he has learned from his mistake, Joe Rexrode writes in the Lansing State Journal. Quarterback Kirk Cousins hits on several interesting topics in a Q&A with The Detroit News' Matt Charboneau.
- Minnesota's MarQueis Gray didn't have the best spring game, but neither did many top Big Ten quarterbacks, Marcus Fuller writes in the (St. Paul) Pioneer Press.
- Colleague Urban Meyer is a T-Magic fan and likes Nebraska in this year's Big Ten race, Sam McKewon writes in the Omaha World-Herald. Nebraska students are stepping up their game as the Big Ten move approaches, Brian Christopherson writes in the Lincoln Journal Star.
- Ohio State might have caught a break with the Notice of Allegations, CBSsports.com's Dennis Dodd writes. Some good news for the Buckeyes as they add to their 2012 recruiting class, Tim May writes in The Columbus Dispatch. The Cleveland Plain Dealer's Terry Pluto writes The Vest should stay, but only if he truly apologizes.
- Purdue might be best known for producing NFL quarterbacks, but the Boilers also have churned out quite a few stud defensive linemen, Adrian Alderete writes in the Purdue Exponent.
- This year's NFL draft could be the best ever for Illinois, Bob Asmussen writes in The (Champaign) News-Gazette. Illinois running back Jason Ford isn't helping himself at a critical time, Mark Tupper writes in the (Decatur) Herald & Review.
- Michigan AD Dave Brandon shares his thoughts on the late Jim Mandich.
- Who says a former Penn State long snapper can't become a YouTube star? Lions offensive lineman Stefen Wisniewski is ready for the NFL call, Jerry DiPaola writes in the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.
- The future of Iowa receiver Derrell Johnson-Koulianos remains unclear, Andy Hamilton writes in the Iowa City Press-Citizen. Hawkeyes draft hopeful Christian Ballard reportedly tests positive for marijuana use.
- Despite a productive career at Wisconsin, John Clay's NFL draft prospects are a bit hazy, Jim Polzin writes in The Capital Times. New Badgers linebackers coach Dave Huxtable played a key role in landing the team's latest recruit, Mark Massoglia writes in the Wisconsin Rapids Daily Tribune.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET Western Kentucky Illinois 12:00 PM ET McNeese State 19 Nebraska 12:00 PM ET Akron Penn State 12:00 PM ET Central Michigan Purdue 12:00 PM ET Howard Rutgers 12:00 PM ET Western Illinois 18 Wisconsin 3:30 PM ET Northern Illinois Northwestern 3:30 PM ET Middle Tennessee Minnesota 3:30 PM ET Ball State Iowa 3:30 PM ET Maryland South Florida 6:30 PM ET 7 Michigan State 3 Oregon 7:30 PM ET Michigan 16 Notre Dame 8:00 PM ET Virginia Tech 8 Ohio State