Big Ten lunch links
August, 20, 2009
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg
Study up. These will be on the test.
- The attorney for the man alleged to have attacked Ohio State linebacker Tyler Moeller says his client acted in self defense, The Columbus Dispatch reports.
- Surprise, surprise. J.B. Shugarts is getting a shot at left tackle for Ohio State, Doug Lesmerises writes in The Cleveland Plain Dealer. Buckeyes players have stiff-armed technology for some team bonding during camp.
- Illinois cornerback Miami Thomas might have suffered a torn ACL that will sideline him for the season, Bob Asmussen writes in The (Champaign) News-Gazette.
- ESPN analysts weigh in on Michigan's chances this fall, Angelique Chengelis writes in The Detroit News.
- Minnesota head coach Tim Brewster expects to have much more depth this year than either of his first two teams, Kent Youngblood writes in the Star Tribune. The Minnesota Twins praised Gophers wideout Eric Decker for being honest about his athletic intentions, Charley Walters writes in the (St. Paul) Pioneer Press.
- Iowa fans are geared up for the Stanzi show this fall, Andy Hamilton writes in the Iowa City Press-Citizen.
- Yet another Wisconsin offensive lineman sat out practice Wednesday, Jim Polzin writes in The Capital Times. Badgers players are polled on several topics, including their favorite road stadiums.
- This townie is ready to get in his kicks for Penn State in 2009, Gordon Brunskill writes in the Centre Daily Times.
- Purdue's new coordinators like what they see so far in camp, Mike Carmin writes in The (Lafayette) Journal and Courier.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET Illinois Northwestern 12:00 PM ET Purdue Indiana 12:00 PM ET Michigan 6 Ohio State 3:30 PM ET 10 Michigan State Penn State 3:30 PM ET 18 Minnesota 14 Wisconsin 3:30 PM ET Rutgers Maryland