Big Ten lunch links
May, 11, 2011
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Spring finally has come to Chicago, at least for a few days.
- An older title shows former Ohio State player Thaddeus Gibson did pay for his car, Jill Riepenhoff and Mike Wagner write in The Columbus Dispatch. Former Buckeyes star Chris Spielman doesn't think Jim Tressel will coach the team this fall, Jim Naveau writes. Ohio State and Miami will kick off under the lights Sept. 17.
- It looks like the Russell Wilson-to-Wisconsin talk is gaining a bit of steam, Jeff Potrykus writes in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Iowa extends a scholarship offer to a high school freshman, ESPNChicago.com's Scott Powers writes.
- Colleague Jamie Newburg looks at strapping recruit Jarron Jones, who has given a soft verbal commitment to Penn State. Linebacker-U looks at Penn State's potential trouble spots this season.
- A really good piece on Nebraska recruit Bubba Starling and the big decision he faces, Sam McKewon writes in the Omaha World-Herald.
- Michigan AD Dave Brandon discusses former coach Rich Rodriguez, the Ohio State situation and other topics, Mark Snyder writes in the Detroit Free Press. After piling up 10 commits for 2012, Michigan gets a start on its 2013 recruiting class, Angelique Chengelis writes in The Detroit News.
- Michigan State tackle J'Michael Deane lands with the CFL's Calgary Stampeders. In case you missed it from Tuesday, chronic back problems have ended the career of Spartans offensive lineman David Barrent.
- More on coach Pat Fitzgerald's new contract with Northwestern here and here and here.
- A comprehensive breakdown of Indiana and its prospects from SB Nation's Bill Connelly.
- Illinois receiver Ryan Lankford gets a thumb's up for his spring performance from The (Champaign) News-Gazette's Bob Asmussen.
- Four Big Ten players appear on Rivals.com's All-Spring team.