Big Ten lunch links
June, 27, 2011
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Thoughts and prayers go out to Michigan basketball recruit Austin Hatch after Friday's tragedy.
- Russell Wilson makes his decision today, and you can catch it on ESPN's "College Football Live." Former Wisconsin running back Zach Brown finds a home at Pitt, Jerry DiPaola writes in the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.
- The Columbus Dispatch's Ken Gordon examines several top storylines around the Big Ten.
- Nebraska's recruiting momentum continues with a top O-line prospect, Brian Christopherson writes in the Lincoln Journal Star. The Big Ten actually has gotten the best of Nebraska over time, Mike Hlas writes in The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette.
- An interesting look at Ohio State's outlook without Terrelle Pryor from colleague Josh Cooper (Insider). Ohio State has the resources to have the nation's best compliance department, Bob Hunter writes in The Dispatch.
- Speaking of compliance, Michigan and Michigan State both take it very seriously, Angelique Chengelis writes in The Detroit News.
- Michigan adds its 18th verbal commit in offensive lineman Blake Bars.
- Michigan State adds a running back recruit from Georgia. The Spartans get some insurance at quarterback for the fall, Tom Lang writes in the Detroit Free Press.
- Nebraska AD Tom Osborne weighs in on good friend Joe Paterno, Steven M. Sipple writes in the Lincoln Journal Star. Penn State picks up two commits, including one from a top lineman, Tommy Keeler Jr. writes.
- Terry Hutchens looks at Indiana's prospects for the 2011 season. The Hoosiers' recruiting rolls on with another commitment, Curt Conrad writes in the Mansfield News Journal.
- A look back at Illinois' last Big Ten championship team from a decade ago, Bob Asmussen writes in The (Champaign) News-Gazette. Nothing has come easy for Illinois football in recent years, Herb Gould writes.
- Iowa picks up a punter for its 2012 class, Marc Morehouse writes in The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette. Former Hawkeyes player Cedric Everson receives a week in jail for a 2007 assault.
- Northwestern adds a long-snapper, ESPNChicago.com's Scott Powers writes.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Central Michigan 48 Western Kentucky 49 Final Fresno State 6 Rice 30
Final Nevada 3 Louisiana-Lafayette 16 Final Utah State 21 UTEP 6 Final 22 Utah 45 Colorado State 10 Final Western Michigan 24 Air Force 38 Final South Alabama 28 Bowling Green 33
Final Marshall 52 Northern Illinois 23 Final Navy 17 San Diego State 16
1:00 PM ET Illinois Louisiana Tech 4:30 PM ET Rutgers North Carolina 8:00 PM ET North Carolina State UCF
1:00 PM ET Cincinnati Virginia Tech 2:00 PM ET 15 Arizona State Duke 3:30 PM ET Miami (FL) South Carolina 4:30 PM ET Boston College Penn State 8:00 PM ET Nebraska 24 USC
2:00 PM ET Texas A&M West Virginia 5:30 PM ET Oklahoma 17 Clemson 9:00 PM ET Arkansas Texas
3:00 PM ET Notre Dame 23 LSU 6:30 PM ET 13 Georgia 21 Louisville 10:00 PM ET Maryland Stanford
12:30 PM ET 9 Ole Miss 6 TCU 4:00 PM ET 20 Boise State 10 Arizona 8:00 PM ET 7 Mississippi State 12 Georgia Tech
12:00 PM ET 19 Auburn 18 Wisconsin 12:30 PM ET 8 Michigan State 5 Baylor 1:00 PM ET 16 Missouri 25 Minnesota 5:00 PM ET 2 Oregon 3 Florida State 8:30 PM ET 1 Alabama 4 Ohio State
12:00 PM ET Houston Pittsburgh 3:20 PM ET Iowa Tennessee 6:45 PM ET 11 Kansas State 14 UCLA 10:15 PM ET Washington Oklahoma State