Big Ten lunchtime links
July, 6, 2011
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
Albert is back, and all is right with the world.
- Some troubling details came to light in the arrest of Illinois freshman defensive lineman Chris Jones.
- Nebraska imposed two years' probation on itself after finding that several athletes had used scholarship money to buy textbooks that weren't required for their classes. The transparency shown by Tom Osborne in this case is a smart step, Steven M. Sipple says.
- Marc Morehouse's countdown of the top teams from the Kirk Ferentz era continues with No. 3.
- Perseverance has helped save the career of Michigan cornerback Troy Woolfolk. The Wolverines are running low on remaining scholarships for the class of 2012. Here's a reason Michigan State shouldn't be too concerned about its rival's recent recruiting hype. More details emerged from Michigan receiver Darryl Stonum's recent arrest. Want to buy RichRod's old house? Kirk Cousins is heading to the Manning Passing Academy.
- Ranking the 2011 Ohio State games in order of importance. Buckeyes defensive coordinator Jim Heacock says he feels comfortable working for Luke Fickell, even though Fickell used to be his subordinate. The Sporting News names Braxton Miller as one of the nation's top potential impact true freshmen.
- Penn State's defensive linemen need to live up to their recruiting hype this season for the Nittany Lions to get to the next level. A Q&A with running back Silas Redd.
- Athlon Sports offers its Big Ten predictions, saying Nebraska beats Wisconsin in the title game and Ohio State goes 8-4.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET Purdue Illinois 12:00 PM ET 20 Ohio State Maryland 2:30 PM ET North Texas Indiana 3:30 PM ET 17 Wisconsin Northwestern 7:00 PM ET Michigan Rutgers 8:00 PM ET 19 Nebraska 10 Michigan State