Big Ten lunchtime links
July, 18, 2011
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
Let's hit the links:
- Brady Hoke can seemingly do no wrong so far in Ann Arbor, Stewart Mandel writes in Sports Illustrated.
- The Buckeyes should be wary of Hoke and the Wolverines, Michael Arace writes. Mike Vrabel's NFL experience should help out Ohio State's linebackers. Ohio State is still the Big Ten's best job, Ken Thompson writes.
- Barry Alvarez praised the new Big Ten setup while being inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame this past weekend. Alvarez earned his spot among the greats of the game. Russell Wilson found a familiar face on his Wisconsin recruiting visit in the school's former chancellor.
- Recently retired Illinois athletic director Ron Guenther will serve as a Big Ten consultant.
- Kirk Cousins is becoming the face of the Michigan State program.
- Marc Morehouse nominates Marvin McNutt as Iowa's 2011 MVP.
- Catching up with former Minnesota tight end Ben Utecht.
- Sam McKewon checks in on what the preseason magazines are saying about Nebraska (and throws out a pretty sweet Galaga reference in the process). The Cornhuskers are high on the list of an Ohio safety.
- Another defensive lineman has decommitted from Penn State.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Eastern Illinois 20 Minnesota 42 Final Rutgers 41 Washington State 38
Final Penn State 26 UCF 24 Final Youngstown State 17 Illinois 28 Final Indiana State 10 Indiana 28 Final Northern Iowa 23 Iowa 31 Final Appalachian State 14 Michigan 52 Final 5 Ohio State 34 Navy 17 Final Western Michigan 34 Purdue 43 Final Florida Atlantic 7 22 Nebraska 55 Final California 31 Northwestern 24 Final James Madison 7 Maryland 52 Final 14 Wisconsin 24 13 LSU 28