Big Ten lunchtime links
August, 8, 2011
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
It's great to be linking to stories from training camps.
- Here are some keys for Illinois as the team prepares to open up training camp. Paul Petrino might be sitting on a good hand with the Illini offense. Petrino has challenged running back Jason Ford, knowing he has some talented freshman pushing the veteran running back.
- Kevin Wilson is taking a no-nonsense approach for Indiana (subscription required). The Hoosiers will be looking for defensive improvement this fall.
- Jordan Bernstine has one more year to live up to his recruiting hype at Iowa. The road has gotten tougher for the Hawkeyes.
- Five storylines to follow as Michigan opens camp. Wolverines fans might need to curb their enthusiasm.
- Michigan State will look for some flexibility as it rebuilds the offensive line. Edwin Baker has high aspirations for 2011. Spartans defensive tackle Jerel Worthy got a tattoo that tweaks the Wolverines. Mark Dantonio liked what he saw from MSU's first practice.
- What to watch for from Minnesota fall practice.
- Linebacker Sean Fisher's return from a broken leg comes at a good time for Nebraska. Huskers tackle Jeremiah Sirles is a veteran despite being young, and he needs to lead while fending off challengers to his job.
- Ohio State is hoping for a breakout year from massive defensive lineman Jonathan Hankins. Some burning questions facing the Buckeyes this fall.
- Purdue quarterback Rob Henry is wearing a protective glove on his passing hand to protect the finger he injured last season.
- Russell Wilson is fitting in with his Wisconsin teammates. The Badgers are keeping watch on the grass at Soldier Field.
- Athlon presents its Top 40 Big Ten players.